Sunday, March 25, 2012

Remembering who I am


Yesterday, my roommates and I went to the Color Festival in Spanish Fork. On our way down, we had lunch at my house in Orem and I was able to spend time with my family. My dad wrote my roommates and I a card about how much he loved having us over for lunch, to remember who we are while we were at the Color Festival and to remember our standards. He included some money for us to grab dinner on the way back also.

The Color Festival was fun. There were all kinds of characters. Young families, crazy teenage girls, high school boys running around with their shirts off and many others. It was a great time for me to be with my roommates, who I love so much. I always feel like I can be myself around them and I know that we have the same standards.

As we were walking back from the festival, there was a group of guys with rainbow colored stomachs, running in between traffic and with cigarettes in hand. They were swearing, spitting on people's cars and jumping into people's truck beds.

I was really bothered by this. Sometimes people can be so disrespectful. I was bugged by how rude they were to the people around them and how stupid they acted.

That made me think about the kind of guy that I want to marry.

I want to marry someone like my dad.

My dad is always respectful of everyone, he recognizes the little things in life that may seem small to some (like giving us money, so us poor college kids could have a great meal) and showing me a great example of a loving man and father.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this. I often see that too and just think, "Dang...I don't ever want that..." Marrying someone like your dad is amazing too. Don't ever forget that's what you want.

    ♥ xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you write. It's so beautiful. You are such an incredible person, whose characteristics I aspire to have one day. You are truly lovely.
    All the love,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete