Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Interior Design on my mind...

My dream last night felt like a rock to my side.
I was back in the studio again...
Everyone kept asking me why I quit.
I remember one of my professors just glaring at me with a small smirk.
My heart felt like it sunk.
I felt defeated and that no one understood that I sincerely fought for a spot in the Interior Design program and that I really didn't quit.

I woke up hurt.
All the memories from the first of the Summer when I got my declined letter came back to me.

I thought I was over the fact the Interior Design department didn't want me anymore.
But, I have to remember that this is going to take time.
Time for me to face life's trials.

I came across this quote that said,
          Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go.

I need to be proud of the two years that I accomplished with Interior Design.
Proud of who I have become.
Proud of the experiences I've had, the projects I fought through and the grades that I got.


This year is going to be different.
I won't be with the same kids, in a new department, a new major and all new classes.

But I'm honestly grateful.
Sincerely grateful.



1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I know what you're going through is hard, but I'm going to be completely honest with you.... (This might sting a little, but this is what I had to do for my own self.) It's time to put on your big girl pants and get over it. The ID program isn't where you're meant to be. If you still want to be involved with ID even just a little bit, there are other ways. There are so many, unstressful, HAPPY ways to do it! If you are seriously determined and want to work with ID in anything, well then, put that effort forth. Go get an internship, go get a job, go do something like it on the side for 'clients'. Do the grunt work that proves that you really do want to do it. Don't ever settle for anything less than what you're passionate about. And when you're beyond stressed about deadlines and stupid things like professors, you're not going to be happy. You're not going to be the person that you're meant to be. Do what makes you happy, no matter the costs. How many famous people were told they couldn't do something, yet went on to prove everyone else wrong? There are other pathways of accomplishing it. You've got to have confidence that you can do it, first, though. Take the time to get to know your strengths and weaknesses and work on them. Take this moment of sadness and turn it into an opportunity! Don't let someone else's opinion get you down. If you were REALLY fighting to stay in ID, then you would have stayed. There's a reason that you didn't go on. You need to take this opportunity to look at yourself and what YOU think went wrong. Be active to change it and push against those people saying you aren't good enough. You're the only one that always has your own back and people are ALWAYS going to tell you that there's something wrong with you. It's life, you've got to roll with the punches and prove that you know what you're capable of and that no one else will ever make you feel inferior. Prove them wrong. But it's all on you. If you're gonna fight, make sure you know that you're really putting an effort in. With that attitude, you'll always win for yourself.

    ReplyDelete