Monday, May 23, 2011

thanks, dad.

here is a smidgen into my day...

so our car was getting fixed at the shop. my dad asked if i wanted to tag along to go pick it up with him. i told him i looked like i had died. here is a visual...(hair is a nun bun, old leggings with a paint stain and a massive hole in the leg, and a baggy hoodie with a stain on it.) he said that i could just wait outside while he grabbed the keys from inside...

sounded good to me. i didn't want anyone to witness this freak of nature.

so one of the guys that work there (we've been to this dealership multiple times--looking at cars & getting stuff all fixed with our cars and i had found him studly every time we had gone. he's probably early 20's and a stud), comes up to me outside as i'm waiting for my dad.

he says, "hey, you can come inside! your dad said you were hiding from the world because you weren't wearing any make up."

THANKS DAD! (first off, super awkward because this kid was an attractive fellow, and i WAS wearing make-up, i was just dressed like i was roadkill.)

i terribly told him my reasoning and he just laughed. and then...he came out of the blue and said, hey i saw you driving last weekend! i recognized our buisness plates on it and i remembered we recently sold your family a car! 

"i was trying to wave at you, and you looked at me in disgust! you completely ignored me." haha. -stud
"ooh??? that was you?? (honestly, i don't remember seeing him)! i should've said hi!" -me
:"it's all good! i was just trying to be all friendly and all! i was in a jeep?" -stud
 "oh! if i recognized you i would've said, hi!" -me

*conversation ended and i walked into meet up with my dad.*

he stuck around and made small talk with my dad. so there is the story of my life.

moral of the story....always look like a human when you leave the house, you'll never know who you'll run into.



1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    I completely agree! One time I went to Costco with my mom, looking AWFUL. Of course we happened to have the cutest cashier, and he sat and talked to me forever. I hate when I don't look cute in public.

    ReplyDelete