Friday, October 28, 2011

A great experience

A lot of the time, I pray to have experiences that humble me or let me serve others.
Today, I was able to have one.

This afternoon, I was working on homework when someone knocked at the door.
This girl, who had come by my apartment before, came for a visit.
I have met her twice and I don't even know her name.
I invited her in and we got talking.

I asked her to share her life with me.

She talked about her learning disabilites, her family situation and her trials.
It kinda broke my heart. To be honest.

Even though, I lost some time for my homework, she made my day.
She taught me.
She taught me to be grateful for where I am, who I am and what I've been blessed with.

Thanks to heaven above for blessing me with experiences that help me become better every day.
Thank you, dear friend for giving me a little 'pick-me-up.'

No comments:

Post a Comment