Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thoughts stirring inside my Soul

I haven't blogged in awhile.
I've thought about blogging quite a bit lately.
But I can't piece all my thoughts together.

I feel like there's always a lot on my mind.
Not necessarily distraught or bad things though.

I've thought a lot about...
My brother coming home. How unreal it seems. How much I've missed him. How proud I am of him.

Where I'm at in life right now. Up at USU. Majoring in Interior Design. Trying to be an example of my faith. The great relationships I have with people. How much I miss having my family close by.

How bad I need to get back into running. I went on an amazing 5-miler last week and I loved it. So painful but so great. 

Satan knows where I'm weak.

but so does God and I have begun to rely on him a lot more.

That I can be confident without having a boyfriend. I feel like so many girls' happiness relies on the male specimen. Haha.

So incredibly grateful for my roommates---Katie, Kailey and Hope. They are such amazing girls. I love spending time with them. I love my girls that live next door too, Aubree, Kenna, Lisha and Lauren--they are awesome.


I've set a few goals for myself this week.
Pray more.
Watch my words more carefully. Less sarcasm.
Run, a lot.
Make my scripture reading more meaningful.
Smile more.
Be more outgoing.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lauren,
    I miss you in my life! I love this post. Can you believe how much life has changed since the beginning of last year. I can't. I am so happy for you and all that is going on in your life! Can we PLEASE see each other soon. I wanna catch up! I'm sure Kristy would love to join too. I miss you!
    Love you!!
    Love,
    Dacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that, "Satan knows where I am weak, but so does God.." Wise words dear.

    Maybe it's multitasking, but I pray when I run a lot. I mean, not like I'm praying for help to run (sometimes...), but I talk to God while I'm running.

    And it's good that you know that you don't need a boyfriend to be happy, but don't get so headstrong that you don't make room for one if he were to come along. It's kind of an issue us independent ladies have sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete