Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mormon



my faith is very important to me.
this year, i want to blog daily about it.

i have a profile on mormon.org.....http://mormon.org/me/4T3P/
please check it out.

below is an excerpt of my profile:

I was raised in the LDS faith, but that is not WHY I am a Mormon. It was definitley a huge influence of my choice though. My parents are both LDS and raised me with LDS principles and lifestyles, but I was never forced. I chose it because there is a special power in this gospel. A power that is personal and touches each soul differently. It is a power that I cannot deny.

I am a believer of prayer. It keeps me connected to my Savior and Heavenly Father. Without the guidance that I have received through prayer, I would not be where I am today. I have experienced trials and hardships, but with my knowledge of this gospel, I have gotten through it. I can feel the love of my Savior and Heavenly Father and that alone makes me love this gospel.

Jesus Christ died for each of us, he died for all of OUR sins, so that we may live with him again. He gave up everything for each of us. With that knowledge, that is why I am a Mormon.



Please explain the part prayer plays in your life?

Prayer is an essential and daily tool I use in my life. Prayer is a very powerful and personal connection I have between my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Prayer has become a very vital part of my life. I use prayer as a time to ask for help during hardships, to just pour out my gratitude for what I have been blessed with, to pray for those that need help or just to talk.

Prayer is how I gained my testimony of this gospel. During my youth, I had studied this gospel and I felt it was true, but it was not until I prayed to know if it was true, that I had received a powerful witness that this was indeed true. Prayer has been there for me to help assure me of the truth of the things I have taught.


I live my faith by how I dress, what I say and what I do. I conduct myself appropriately and surround myself with those that build me up and I put myself in situations where I know that I am living the standards I am taught.

I strive to pray daily, read my scriptures and serve those around me. It is the simple things we do, that develop us into who we want and need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment