Sunday, June 3, 2012

Faith in God


Yesterday, my cousin Shady and her little newborn were life-flighted to Primary Children's Hospital. Zeeke was born a few days ago. Due to complications of Shady being diabetic, there were complications with Zeeke that were more serious than anticipated. He is currently on feeding tubes, and has a bacteria in his intestines-which is very dangerous and life critical. Gratefully, they are at Primary Children's hospital, one of the best places in the country that little Zeeke and his parents can be.

We receieved a call last night, asking if my dad and brother would be willing to come give Zeeke a priesthood blessing. Tonight I can truly say, I was able to feel God's power. Maybe one of the strongest feelings I've felt in a long time. Words don't describe how beautiful that moment was. Seeing my dad and brother lay their fingertips on top of Zeeke's jet black hair was powerful. The words spoken were indescribable. Just touching his toes and fingers was a very spiritual experience. The spirit I felt in the NICU was personal and reminded me of how grateful I am to have the true gospel in my life.

My dad reminded me that, "It's experiences like these that show the power of the Plan of Salvation. We are in our creator's hands."

I need to remember that all we can do now is to have faith and to keep Zeeke in our prayers. They are in a great hospital and God's power and love has touched Zeeke. It is up to us to have faith that if God feels that Zeeke should be healed, he will.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. Lately, for some reason, the priesthood has seriously been the biggest thing I have been thankful for lately. I will be sure to keep baby Zeeke in my prayers!

    we & serendipity

    ♥ xoxo.

    ReplyDelete