Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Area Government Retreat

 Francelli (from the Dominican Republic), me, Berklee, Chelsea and Sam on the way to Bear Lake!

Throughout the weekend. We did numerous team building, leadership and get to know you games and activities. They were all very beneficial and enlightening. I am not usually one that likes those awkward "get-to-know you" games, but they actually were fun. The first time, ever. Haha.

This is one of our Brainstorm activities. We had learned that one way we can be an effective leader is  by following the Aggie's Think. Care. Act. program.
Here is their initiative and mission statement:

“Aggies Think Care Act” is designed to introduce Aggies to the social responsibility expected as a member of the Utah State caring community that values human dignity, equality, respect and safety for each individual student, faculty, staff and alumni.

Aggies Think, Care, Act is a campus-wide campaign with the goal of engaging students, faculty and staff in a program that is a philosophic introduction about what it means to be an Aggie. The program includes a marketing and media campaign that will challenge all Utah State University community members to be responsible for providing the safest environment for all of us.

The concepts behind this program can affect everyone’s day to day behavior as well as more severe problematic situations or behaviors on college campuses (drinking too much, hazing, sexual and relationship abuse, discrimination, etc.). The “Aggies Think, Care and Act” program emphasis is on pro-social behavior and bystander intervention.

(taken from the USU.edu website)

I think it is an awesome idea and I think it will be an awesome way to become an overall better person. I think that this will not only help me become a better person, but help me show society who I am.


Here are some ideas we came up with during Brainstorm:



We also did a service project for the Cabin we stayed at:


 Lauren and Lauren!

And.. of course we HAD to go to the Bear Lake beach. It was a lot of fun! I met so many nice people and I am just grateful I could go!





No comments:

Post a Comment