Sunday, July 3, 2011

Freedom Aint Free

A few days back, I was able to witness the swearing in of a group of 20 immigrants to receive their American Citizenship. It was such an awesome experience to be there! I loved hearing all of their stories of how important freedom is for them. One commented, "We just want to be apart of your country, I feel like a lot of Americans take it for granted."

I thought about that for a minute & I hate to say it, but I'm sure I have been one of those fellow Americans before. It's not something that we constantly notice, because it's just a way of life. I need to be noticing the little things in life. Being able to go to church every Sunday and worship how I like, attending college and so many other many freedoms that I don't always recognize.

Another one commented, "I've waited 20 years for this to happen! I'm excited to vote! Do not avoid voting. This country means more than anything to me and to be able to express my political views, it's amazing! The Lord has given me this opportunity."

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!
Freedom ain't Free.

    

My pal Jordan came to visit me from Logan

The good old fam. :) 

((Pictures from Stadium of Fire Fireworks last night))

No comments:

Post a Comment