Sunday, July 10, 2011

Living in the moment.

Summer is flying past...
Sometimes I catch myself wishing it away but then snap out of it and wonder why I would wish away a time like this? I've been able to earn money for school, live at home & save money!

I am very grateful to be home. It has been great to be with my family, I really missed them at school.
But, I also miss Logan a lot. I am excited to head back there the end of next month.

A bad habit of mine, is always looking what lies ahead.
Now this isn't necessarily 'bad' per say, but I realize I'm not living in the moment.
An example...Friday night I was making sure I had everything done before we went to my cousin Hayley's baptism, early afternoon Saturday. I was so busy cleaning my room, when my little sister Olivia asked if I would paint her nails for her. Snap! This is what I keep skipping out on. Soaking in the little unexpected moments in life. I ended up spending my night with my sister on my big bed..watching movies, painting her nails and talking with her.  This may seem small but I am going to try harder this week to soak in those little moments I have with others and not worry about what is coming the next week, day or even hour. We, especially me should never take the little things for granted. Especially time with your family.

It's true, it's the little things in life that make life what it is.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment