Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy DECEMBER to you!

Hello Hello!
Have I told you lately how much I love going to Special Needs Institute?
By far the best class of the day.
Hands down!

Kim* and I were asked to share "Words of the Prophet," which is just sharing a scripture that we like. I asked Kim about numerous topics that we could talk about....
Jesus
Faith
Families
Holy Ghost
Love
the list cotinued...

And she was very persistant that we should talk about the Holy Ghost.
I didn't know exactly why she felt so strongly about this topic, but I chose a scripture that went along with the Holy Ghost and then it was our turn to come up.

We read a scripture in D&C and then I told her to share with the class why she wanted to talk about the Holy Ghost.

She said,
" I want to talk about the Holy Ghost, because I love feeling the Holy Ghost. It's special to me."
My heart started to race and I felt the spirit enter the room.
These children have such sweet amazing spirits about them.
I love being around them.
Sure, we go there to be their "tutors," but without a doubt, I know I come out a much 
stronger, better person.
Their understanding, faith and love for their Savior is indescribalble.
I hope I can one day be as strong as these beautiful children too.

If you would like to learn more about the LDS church go here: lds.org
*Name changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment