Monday, March 14, 2011

are you a giver or taker?

story time....

my mom taught  me
.....there's givers and takers in friendships, families & relationships.

givers---give to the friendship, uplift you, gives you sincere compliments and make you a better person.

takers--suck everything out of you, feed off of your strength (whether spritually, physically, emotionally), bring you down and make you feel less than you really are.

my friend kenna and i were having one of our daily chats last night and she had to give up a friend that she cared so much about, but he was a taker, she always had to give to the friendship, build him up and keep him on track. from listening to her, it made me re-evaluate my relationships with people and make sure i am surrounding myself with givers.

mckenna drew is a great example of a giver. she is so uplifting to be around. she loves her family and is always talking about how wonderful they are. she is a great example of hard work, dedication to the gospel of jesus christ and unconditional love. i am very blessed to have her as a friend.

1 comment:

  1. You my friend are a giver!!! Thank you so much for all you do for me you really always build me up. Love you lauren!

    ReplyDelete