Friday, March 18, 2011

the good life.

hey.
so i've been working on my portfolio to apply for my program all week.
and i worked on it for 5 hours today. kinda crazy huh?
minus that craziness, life is good here.
mother nature has been kind and hasn't given us any snow in awhile. yay!

for a random tidbit...

i tried arabic baklava last night. (thanks allia?) and to be honest...maybe one of the grossest things ever. it tasted like layers of dead skin. even though that gagged me out, i got to chill with my cousin allia last night, which was a BLAST! i love her!

oh and you know those "copy this as your status" things on facebook? well this was my sister's the other day and i wanted to share.

"The Girl you just called fat? She has been starving herself & has lost over 30lbs. The Boy you just called stupid? He has a learning disability & studies over 4hrs a night. The Girl you just called ugly? She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The Boy you just tripped? He is abused enough at home. There's a lot more to people than you think. Put this as your status if you're against bullying."


this almost made me cry. i've really tried to never put people down or make them feel bad about themselves.
no one should be bullied, but the facts are a lot are. i am proud to say, that i have never put down those with disabilities, i worked with special needs children all through junior high and high school and they mean a lot to me. they are some of the most spiritual people you will EVER meet. i've realized those that bully others, have a low self esteem themselves. which is sad, but makes sense. okay y'all, let's all love each other and build up those around us?

 
  (special needs institute)



1 comment:

  1. Lauren when I grow up I wanna be like you! :) You are amazing chica I love you oodles!

    ReplyDelete