Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jake!

Happy Birthday, brother!
 It's brother Jake's birthday today.
He is currently finishing up an LDS mission in the Chile.
He will be home in 59 days, roughly 8 and a half weeks.
I seriously cannot wait.
For those of you that have had siblings leave on missions, I'm sure you know how exciting this is.

I'd like to just share a few things that I love about him:

He has always been an example to me. In every way.

His love for the Lord is so powerful, that he was willing to leave his family to serve Him.

He is amazing with computers. No lie.

He is a great member of the LDS Faith, even before he chose to serve a mission. He has always taken his callings, church meetings, etc. very seriously.

He is a celebrity with all the old people in my ward. This is no joke. They all love him. Jake is amazing with elderly people and is constantly visiting them, serving them or just talking to them at church.

He has a way of being strong when it seems impossible.

He gives great advice, even though he is more than 5,750 miles away from me.

He reminds me of my dad, which is a huge honor. He is loyal, service oriented, kind and loving.

He is my brother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment