Friday, September 30, 2011

Tender Mercies.

This past week, God has blessed me with tender mercies.
Today, I was able to be a tender mercy to another.

On my way back from class today, I came across a woman who was blind walking around campus.
As I passed by her, I heard her whisper, "Where is that bench? I thought it was close by?"
My immediate thought was, keep walking she'll find it.
Or she may feel embarrased if I ask if she needs help. You know those people that don't like to be helped?

Anyways.
I walked a little farther away and something inside of me  clicked and turned to her and said, "Can I help you find anything?"

She sounded surprised. I told her to take my hand and I would guide her to the closest bench.
She plopped down as soon as her guiding stick hit the bench.
She gave a sigh of relief. She said her legs had been really sore and she really needed to rest them.
She thanked me graciously.
A huge smile came across my face.
I responded, "Anytime, have a good day."

I didn't blog this as a "Go Lauren, you're so great!" or "Wow, brag much?"
I just wanted to share it because I was grateful for the opportunity.

If the Savior was here, he would have done the same. I hope to be blessed with more opportunities to give a tender mercy to someone in need.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment: