Monday, February 21, 2011

lovely followers, family time, some inspiration

first off, thank you followers. i love you. thank you for taking time to read, it really means a lot to me.
thank you becca for your shout out on your blog. i am glad to know that you check out my blog daily.
 ----------------------------------------
 my brother jake just hit 15 months in the mission field.
insane if you ask me.
9 more months.
blows my mind.
 --------------------------------------------
things are nice.
i got back to LOGAN today after my short little trip back home...
which was wonderful.
family is amazing.
especially my extended family that just make me laugh & makes me want an even bigger family.
especially my grandma who just makes me smile & always supports me.
especially my grandpa for his constant guidance and passion for the gospel.
 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
i love talking, helping and going places with grandma.
she is such a lovely woman.
she is always so positive and supportive of all i do.
she, along with my grandpa, have been there for me in huge stepping stones in my life..
my baby blessing, my baptism, graduation and many others.
she is just a blast to be around.
i look forward to family get-togethers because i know that she'll be there.
she is just amazing.
she is so willing to help me out when money is tight, being a college student.
always willing to take the time to talk with me and listen to me.
she would do anything for me. and i know it.
thank you grandma.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i love talking religion with my grandpa.
i asked him about guardian angels and if they were persay, "real"
i mean growing up and things i've heard that we all have our own guardian angel, but i wasn't 100 percent sure if that is just one of those sayings people always say. haha.
he shared with my 2 personal stories of guardian angels.
what a powerful experience to hear those.
it's one of those times that your body goes through chills.
you know?
he shared a story of when he was proselyting on the street on his mission.
there was a big meeting/celebration of sorts that day, 
so it was a clever way to meet a lot of people in a short time.
various people were very harsh towards what my grandpa was preaching and it was getting heated.
all of a sudden, a man hollered out in the crowd and said,
"listen everyone, what these men are teaching are true. this is the restored gospel of jesus christ."
my grandpa and his companion appreciated this man's help & released a lot of pressure.
later after the crowd died down, my grandpa asked everyone around who that man was.
no one had ever seen him or met him before.
no one.
grandpa believes that was a guardian angel, one way or another.
stories like this are so neat. espeically when they are experienced by a family member.
not your friend's uncle's cousin's daughter or something like that. haha.

i wish i had all the time in the world to tell you more, but here is just one that i thought was really neat. :) thank you grandpa.

2 comments: