Thursday, February 17, 2011

relying on prayer and loving usu

i dropped my ra class ((resident assistant for on campus housing)) today.
it was one of the hardest decisions of my life.
it may not seem like it to some of you, but really it was.

it was taking over my life. it was requiring too much time and the class expected me to put it as #1, which that i honestly couldn't do. physically and mentally. even though there are many bonuses like, free housing and a free meal plan. i really just can't do it. i am too overwhelmed with my classes that require so much time and applying for the interior design program here. i was distraught for about a week. i couldn't think. i had breakdowns often and just wanted to go home and run away from it.

i talked to my mom one day and she thought it would be best to go meet with my bishop. which really helped. i told him i had prayed about it and made numerous pro/con lists. his biggest advice was to tell me to listen to myself. he said, "lauren, can you hear yourself talking? you are already in over your head and it's tearing you apart. eliminate it." he also told me to make a decision for myself and decide what was right. he told me to call my home teachers for a priesthood blessing. my home teachers weren't answering, so i decided to ask my friend trevor. what an awesome experience. i love having friends that hold the priesthood and are willing to step in when needed. thank you again trevor. :)

so there it is. life is good now. i cannot wait for next year...roughly planning, i will be living off campus, probably in hillside with one of my best friends mckenna drew and my pal lisha moffit and possibly my bestest friend katie swain. i cannot wait for what the future will bring.

ps. i am in love with utah state.
here are a few of my best moments....
    
walmart run with ugly sweaters              elder ballard fireside.
                                                              funny institute dances
  
                                         area government                      red jumpsuit apparatus concert
mindy gledhill concert                       amazing friends
     
singles ward fhe...ice blocking        saying bye to missionary friends
   
                                           institute dances                 at the HOWL/we the kings concert
     
           aggie football                         picnics during week of welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment