Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Here we go, again.

Oh, hey.
It's been awhile. Sorry.

Things are good on this end.
My roommates are a lot of fun.
I've been cooking a lot.
I have strived to stay in tune with the Spirit and make good choices.
I've tried to keep a positive outlook.

----------------------------------------------------

I enrolled into Institute.
It's amazing.
I went through this phase the past few days that I haven't really been excited about institute.
I realized that when I have those feelings, it's when I need Institute the most.
There were great insights, comments and opinions from students today.
Excellent kids.

-----------------------------------------------------

My major is a lot more challenging and 'intense' than I thought it would be.
I am learning difficult programs, introduced to huge projects and I'm feeling really overwhelmed.
It's tough.
I want to be successful, positive and have amazing projects...but I know it's going to be a ton of work.
Which is life, right?

In my classes, we have a couple Senior girls that sit in our classes and help us out.
Some comments from them....

"You need to make sure, this is something you really want. It's challenging and will take up a ton of your time. If you're not 100% dedicated to this program, you need to re-evaluate your major."

"On average, I slept 2 nights a week."

"Being in this program will make your brain feel like it's on crack."

Pretty discouraging right?
But,

One said, "But this has to be the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I love design, I dream design. I absolutely love it. The people in your classes will become your closest friends, you'll help each other out, pull all nighters and have a ton of fun."

I hope I'm up for this.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it babe! I believe in you. You are one of the most dedicated people I know. If anyone can make it through something hard, it's you, I know it. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete