Monday, August 8, 2011

marriage?

i teach swimming to a various range of children.....
mommy & me classes, young children, older children and those with disabilites.
it is always lovely to meet each of my "children" and better understand them.

i'd like to share one of many funny questions and conversations i had at work today.

student: "teacher, do your children like to watch PBS kids?"
me: "umm..no I don't have children..."
student: "oh, but do you have a husband?"
me: "mmm no."
student: "have you fallen in love with a boyfriend yet?"
me: "nope! i'm currently living the single life!"
student: "oh i see...i'm sorry, i hope you will get married soon!"
me: "i'm in no rush, i'm 19."
student: "well most people get married around 18 or 20."
me: *thinking to myself* "she must be raised in utah."

there is one of the many hilarious conversations i have with her on a normal basis.
okay, you get one more story!
don't worry, it last about 6 seconds.
time me.

me asking some of my students: "how old do you think i am?"

student 1: "37?"
*looks like you're not passing this level, just kidding. but i told him after that would make me as old as him mom and then he said, "okay, i'll guess again." hahaha.

student 2: "17?"
*kudos to being closer to my actual age. 

student 3: "21?"
*SCORE! favorite child and you will be moving on to level 2. ;)

there's a bit of my day so far.

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE those moments when kids ask the funniest things! I know many many conversations that go like this.. Expecally since I've been working with special needs kids! :)

    ReplyDelete