Thursday, April 28, 2011

operation beautiful

last night in the library bathroom mirror, i saw this:
usually bathroom walls, mirrors or anything else people think of destroying, are either...
cuss words 
or
those K+B=love and such.

but, this time around, there were numerous sticky notes throughout the bathroom mirror in the library. at the bottom of the sticky note i took at picture of,  was a website link, which you can find here.

this organization is called, Operation Beautiful.
 "The mission of Operation Beautiful is to post anonymous notes in public places for other women to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. You are enough... just the way you are!"
-Caitlin, the editor of Operation Beautiful.

Another part of their mission is to stop negative thoughts, often about girls' weight and how self-concouius they are. Through their awesome organization, and through those who are willing to help out, will help us as women, as a nation to love ourselves how we are and feel proud of what and who we are. :)

I just think it's an awesome organization and I am definitley looking into ways that I can get involved.
We all need a little pick me up, to remind us of our infinite strength and abilities.

I'm going to drag a note book and pen around with me and start spreading the love, take the challenge with me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I was just sitting at my computer, feeling really sad when I read this post and clicked the link. It made me feel so much better! How awesome! Good luck on your finals beautiful girl :)

    ReplyDelete