Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hey It's been awhile...

Tis true.
I have delayed blogging 

     As some of you know, I am helping out in the Special Needs Institute. There is a kid in that class that is on a “service mission” for the church. He has disabilities, but is still considered a missionary. He has a tag and everything. He got up and shared an experience he had with one of the general authorities. One day, he said Elder Holland came to speak to the missionaries at the MTC, and the service missionaries with disabilities also attended, he said that after Elder Holland spoke, he came up to him and others around him and just told them how grateful he was for them to serve. Elder ****(in our class) said that was a testimony in itself, for Elder Holland to come up to them and take the time to express the love he had for them. Elder ***** said that even though he wasn’t capable to going on a 2-year mission away from home, he is grateful to hold the title of a missionary, to share the gospel to those around him.
      I loved this because he knows that he has disabilities, but he also knows that he can still have the ability to serve a mission. I am grateful for his determination and also yours. I just thought it was sweet. Even though I’m not in an acclereted Institute class, I can have other great spiritual experiences in this class.

     A few nights ago, my friend Trevor came by from next door and hung out with my friend McKenna and I. It was a blast. He went to India his Jr. year of high school and shared some awesome experiences he had there. It was awesome. Throughout his talking, it made me think of you and all of the many customs and culture shocks that my brother Jake is having to get used to in Chile. He talked about how insane the roads were, not being able to understand the language, eating food that he wished he didn't have to. Haha. and other things like that. But, he also talked about the powerful experiences when we got used to the food, fell in love with the kids at the Orphanage and just being able to travel. It was amazing to hear about his life changing humanitarian trip to India. I really hope that I will have an opportunity to leave the country and serve those less fortunate than me. :) Just hearing him talk really reminded me of Jake.

     I went to the HOWL this weekend. It's the biggest Halloween dance held at USU every year. It's considered a little on the crazy side, but we chose to stay in the basement, where the Institute was holding their own little deal, which was really fun! I’m really grateful I have high standards. Not saying that I’m all Missus Perfect, but I am so grateful for the gospel and how to recognize places where the Spirit can/can’t dwell. Upstairs sure was insane compared to the party in the basement. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost and how he has blessed me on a daily basis in my life. I hope I can always keep him close to my heart. Also, WE THE KINGS CAME! It was AMAZING. Oh and we dressed up as Tetris pieces, pics coming soon.




I'm thankful for: 

I'm thankful for my brother's continous example of missionary work. 
I am thankful for my family. I miss them SOOOO much.
I am thankful for great roommmates. Love you guys!
I am thankful for guys that honor their priesthood and feel comfortable talking about the church outside of church.
I am thankful for awesome friends, especially my Cedar friends, Hope and McKenna. I LOVE being around them, and I feel like my standards are kept high when I'm with them.




We finished this tonight! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment