Sunday, January 30, 2011

today was one of the best Sundays ever. 
one of my best friends, kenna- gave a fabulous talk on missionary work & all the lessons at church today were wonderful!
one of the neatest ((is that a word?)) things i heard today was, 
"....saints are sinners who keep on trying." ((i really like that. so many times people expect themselves to be perfect, or expect those of the LDS faith, that we can't ever mess up. it's impossible to be perfect. have you ever tried even for a day to not mess up at all?))
i've realized i need to care more about people's challenges.
i need to stop judging.
i need to be more nurturing.
 there sure is something so special about this gospel! i found myself having tears roll down my face multiple times today. these weren't tears of sadness though. these were tears of joy. the holy ghost is such a great witness to me. he helps me feel at peace. he makes me feel protected. without the holy ghost in my life, i know that it would be hard to understand this gospel!  this gospel is powerful! it helps us love...feel and LIVE in such a way that changes us.
i've found sundays to be awesome days to reflect on how blessed i am.
my brother jake, who is serving a mish in chile, recently hit his 13 month mark. ((you have no idea how happy i am!)) it seems like sundays are the days that i seem to miss him the most. some days i feel like i haven't seen him for an eternity! some days are really rough, but then it goes the other way too....some days i just can't stop smiling because i know that he is blessed to have this wonderful opportunity. i'm really lucky to have a brother like jake.
i am also very blessed with such a strong family! my parents are absolutely fabulous individuals! they are so strong in this gospel and are great examples to me of service, love and dedication. my sisters are also wonderful, who i miss like crazy!
and don't get me started on my amazing friends. most specifically...hope, kenna, dacy, brianna, melissa and betsy. ((i know there's much more!))
thank you usu for being an amazing experience.
adios for now!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lauren I love your blog! Let's play soon k? :) Love you lots chica!

    ReplyDelete