Thursday, January 13, 2011

first week with interior design

hello.
i hope you're doing great. life is so grand, can you agree?
i really hope so.
if not, shoot me a text and we can get that fixed. :)

this week is finally coming to an end.
don't get me wrong. i have had the greatest classes of my life this week.
but it's very tiring. my classes range from 70 minutes-3 hours.
which is hard for me to sit through with some of my classes.
not that it's not interesting, but my attention span is short. haha.

i just need to say though, how much i absolutely love my classes.
i love waking up in the morning...excited to go to class. (this doesn't happen often)
i love knowing i'm going to class to.....

create
expand my imagination
learn about things i'm interested in
be inspired
& love what i'm doing

what a common misconception about interior design...
is all we do is "decorate"
no no. you are very mistaken.
we are designers, not decorators.
one of my professors (who used to be a prof. designer) said 10% of interior design is design......
the other 90% is buisness. which i'm completely fine with.
i've always been one that is interested in the office scene. i know it's weird.
& when i say i like the office scene, i don't mean the 2 inch cubicals.
just the awesome meeting discussions, jotting down notes and other stuff.
i know, i'm super weird.
i used to want to be a secretary. gimme a break. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment