Thursday, January 20, 2011

pet peeves & loves

 evening folks,
would you like to know one of my biggest pet peeves?
when people chew on their gum like a horse eating hay.
it drives insane!
it's like i can hear every chomp ringing in my ear. haha.

you know what i love?
working out
eating well
going to bed & getting up earlier
reading my scriptures and praying

all those REALLY make a huge difference in my day.

working out: no brainer, makes anyone feel like they can just take on the world! or at least that is how i feel. i love being sore from killer workout and taking care of this amazing body i have been given.

eating well: this is of course a huge thing to watch for being a college student with little money and the most unhealthy food for dirt cheap. but, i went shopping yesterday and only spent 20 bucks! and bought delicious and healthy food! fruits, pitas, lettuce, healthy crackers and tape! (random side note)
i love putting good stuff in my body. i hate the feeling after eating junk food in the cafeterias at school. i feel like there is this huge rock in my stomach after....maybe there is. :)

going to bed/getting up earlier: BIG adjustment since the semester started. my classes were bumped back to 9 AM compared to 10:30 (my earliest last semester). yes, it's been hard to get used to, but i love just getting up and going for the day. throughout high school, i was always a morning person. i gotta get back in that groove.

reading my scriptures and praying: when i came up to college last august, i wanted to get in the habit of reading my scriptures and praying everyday. i can honestly say, i've stayed pretty faithful to that. prayer sure is a huge blessing in my life. i love that even when i feel completely alone, tired, and useless i can look to prayer for some help. but i also love that prayer is there for me in the good times too. i love giving gratitude for the little simple things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment